This article assumes that you already read and understand how to create, edit and configure Time-Off Banks. If you still do not know how to do these visit this article.
Deleting a Time-Off Bank:
This is very simple to do when you have just one employee or just a few employees entered, but it takes more effort when you have already entered many names and have already amassed a history of time earned, used or adjusted for the category.
This process will remove all history of activity for the absence category being removed. If you need to retain your history for this absence category, do not remove the category. Instead, on the left side of the screen, click Time-Off Banks and assign None as the accrual plan to this Absence Category/Time-Off Bank for each employee. The None plan is a Time-Off plan that accrues no Time-Off at all; as in …How much vacation time does Bob get? … None."
So, if you want to keep your history for the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank but accrue no additional Time-Off going forward, you must enter the None plan as the Assigned Time-Off Plan. If you leave the field empty, your Time-Off accruals will not run at all for anyone. No one will earn any Time-Off at all.
If you do not wish to retain history, you may remove the Time-Off Bank by the following steps:
► First back up your database.
1. Click File > Maintenance > Backup the database to preserve the data as is just in case you change your mind later.
► Next, Make sure all employees are being displayed. (Active, Inactive, Terminated Full-Time, Part-Time)
1. At the top of the screen, click View > Filter Page / Employee Display Filter. A popup will open.
2. Check everything [except] for Show TimeClock enabled only and Hire Range but don’t click OK yet.
3. Check Deleted in the upper-right corner of the popup window.
NOTE: If you do not see the checkbox for Deleted Employees in the upper-right corner of the popup window hold down the Ctrl key and Alt key on your keyboard and at the same time press your ‘X’ key and let them go together. The checkbox for Deleted employees will appear in the upper-right corner of the popup window. Check this box and then click OK. This checkbox only displays automatically on later versions of the software.
This will allow anyone who was ever entered to appear under Employee Select.
►Next, remove any transactions related to the unwanted absence category.
1. Click File > Maintenance > Remove Transactions.
2. For a Begin Date, enter a date prior to the earliest transaction (Time Earned, Used, etc.) for the category being removed.
3. The End Date is actually a “Through Date” and must be beyond the ‘last’ transaction for the category being removed.
4. Under Remove Transaction Records of Type check all three boxes. (Accruals / Time Earned, Adjustments, Used / Time Used)
5. IMPORTANT! In the large field at the lower-left of the pop-up window, uncheck the categories that are not being removed.
6. Click Run Process. When complete, close the pop-up window.
► Next, make sure that none of your absence codes deduct from the category being removed.
1. Click Settings > Absence Reason Codes and look in the column under Debit This Time-Off Bank.
2. In this column only; click on any instances of the category being removed, when the down arrow appears, click on it and select any choice other than what matches the name of the category being removed.
3. When the Debit This Time-Off Bank column no longer has any instances of the category being removed, click Save.
► Next, make sure that no Time-Off plans have been assigned to this absence category for anyone.
1. On the left side of the screen, click Time-Off Banks and scroll to the first employee on your list.
2. Look toward the center of the screen to find the Time-Off Bank being removed in the [shaded] column.
3. Look to the right of the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank being removed, under Assigned Time-Off Plan. If a plan has been entered click on it to highlight it and then click the Delete key on your keyboard to delete it. If anything has been entered on that same line under Initial Balance Used or Initial Date, delete those entries the same way and click Save.
4. Move on to the next employee on the list and repeat the process in step three. Once you have ensured that no employees have been assigned a Time-Off plan for the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank being removed and no entries exist under Initial Deposit, Date of Initial Deposit or Initial Date you can now take steps to remove the unwanted Time-Off Bank.
► Now you may remove the unwanted Time-Off Bank.
1. Click Settings > Time-Off Banks. On the left, click on the Time-Off Bank to be eliminated and then click the Delete icon (Trash Can) at the top of the screen. You will get a warning. Just click Yes.
When done, click on View > Employee Display Filter. Uncheck Deleted in the upper-right corner of the popup window.
NOTE: If you do not see the checkbox for Deleted Employees in the upper-right corner of the popup window hold down the Ctrl key and Alt key on your keyboard and at the same time press your ‘X’ key and let them go together. The checkbox for Deleted employees will appear in the upper-right corner of the popup window. Uncheck it and set the check boxes on the left as you wish and click OK. This checkbox only displays automatically on later versions of the software.