This issue seems to only occur in version 11. This has not been reported on any of our version 12 users.
Solution: Do a manual migration.
- Back up the database in the previous version.
- Uninstall previous version of Gradience.
- Uninstall previous version of Firebird.
- Rename the live database.
- Install Gradience 12, it will install a blank database.
- Restore the backup done in step one.
If they do have other software dependent on Firebird they may need to look at using a different server or work with the other vendor to see if the software is compatible with Firebird 3.0.