When attempting to open Gradience you may see the following...
Windows Small Business Server 2011 is the cause of this issue. Our software has never been tested on SBS 2011 so we never certified the software to be compatible with this operating system and therefore do not support the software when it is installed on this operating system.
We have seen where other customers have had various other weird performance issues in our software on SBS 2011 none of which could be resolved. Our software is certified compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, & 2012 R2.
You have two options.
A. Move to a new server that has a supported operating system or...
B. Revert to using the software as a standalone on a computer with one of the approved operating systems shown above and back up your data regularly to a folder on the 2011 server.
If you need to acquire an installation file, please first verify whether you are running version 11 or version 12. There are two ways to view the version from [outside] the software.
1. Go to Programs & Features to view it on the list. If it shows Gradience Professional, it will also give the version number. If it doesn't have the words Gradience Professional disregard it and go to step 2 below.
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Gradience and open the Common folder. Then scroll down to and right-click on GCore.exe and click on Properties > Details to view the full, multi-digit version number.
Then go to www.gradiencesupport.com and click on Submit a Request. This will open up a support ticket. When you submit your request, please be clear as to the following facts...
1. The full, multi-digit version number for Gradience.
2. The number of computers that are running Gradience.
3. The operating systems of the computers/server where you [will] be installing Gradience.
4. The account number [if known] of the organization that owns the software [license].
5. The name of & main business phone number of the organization running the software.
6. The sales order number [if known] for the software license purchase.
7. Tell us whether you need the installation file for version 11 or for version 12.
- If you are currently running version 12, DO NOT request an installation file for version 12! At this time, you must [already] be running] version 12 to be able to [install] version 12.
- There are no functionality differences between version 11 and version 12 and there are no fewer features in version 11 than in version 12. All of the differences between version 11 and version 12 are in the background but these differences are significant so please do not use this as an opportunity to move from version 11 to version 12. The reason for this would take too much space to write in this article. If you have a current [license] you are good-to-go.
8. Tell us whether the software was purchased directly through HRdirect or G.Neil or whether you purchased it through a reseller such as Office Depot, or Staples, or SHRM, or Quill, or Amazon, etc., please send us a scanned copy of the receipt. We are only authorized to render support to those for whom we can verify a current software license.