The error shown below may occur at any time for a variety of reasons.
The solution is to reinstall Gradience but there are several, very important things to consider [before] doing so.
What version of Gradience have you been running up until now?
Is Gradience installed on more than one computer?
What is the operating system of [each] computer where Gradience is installed?
- The hyperlink below will enable you to install version 0.1606.29.
- If you have Gradience on multiple computers you must ensure that [all] of them will end up with the [same] version.
- If you had version 12, you’ll be restoring a version 11 backup causing the loss of the data entered in version 12.
Why Version 11?
The reason you will be installing version 11 rather than version 12 is that we have pulled version 12 pending a rewrite to be compatible with two recently released Windows 10 updates that rendered version 12 non-functional on that particular operating system.
If you have been using version 12 but on a Windows 7 computer or Windows 8 computer and wish to reinstall version 12, let us know and we will do our best to make a version 12 installation file available to you if at all possible. This however, is not something we can promise at this time.
There are no functionality differences between the final release of version 11 and the current release of version 12. All changes were in the backend so you will not suffer any functionality limitations by remaining to version 11.
Here are the steps that will result in you having version 11…
1. Go into Services and stopFirebird.
2. Go to Programs and Featuresand uninstall Firebirdand Gradience [if you see them].
3. Go to C:\Program Filesand deletethe firebird folder [if you see one].
4. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)and deletethe firebird folder [if you see one].
5. Go to C:\ProgramDataand delete the firebird folder [if you see one].
6. Please click here to reinstall Gradience as a [Standalone].
7. Be sure to [only] select the specific software titles for which you have a license.
8. Attempt to open the software once again and let us know if you need further assistance.