The folder path 'Program Files (x86)' contains an invalid character.
When installing a Gradience update, you may encounter the error mentioned above. When this happens, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
1. Ensure that Firebird is not listed in Services.
2. Ensure that there is no Firebird folder at C:\Program Files (x86).
3. Ensure that you do not have a gds32.dll at C:\Windows\System32.
4. Ensure that Gradience is fully uninstalled.
5. Go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and copy Hrware.ini file and then delete it.
6. Paste the copy of your Hrware.ini file to the desktop.
7. Run a fresh installation of the software and select Standalone. This is only a temporary measure.
8. You now have a new, blank database on this computer and a new Hrware.ini file pointed to it.
9. Now open the software but do not enter a product key. Click Continue in Demo instead.
10. Select Enter your own Data.
11. Use admin as the login and admin as the password.
12. When the software opens, click Help > About to verify that the current version was installed.
13. Close-out of the software without backing up.
14. Replace the new Hrware.ini file at C:\Programdata\Gradience with the original that you pasted to your desktop in step 6.
15. Open the software again and used your normal login and password.
16. When the software opens, you will see all of your data.
17. Click Help > About to verify your employee count and your license expiration date(s).