If you encounter this error when employees are attempting to access Time Clock Entries through the My Time Clock feature within Gradience TimeStation,please hold down the My Time Clock tab for a few seconds. If this fails to resolve the issue, please follow the steps below to provide alternate access through Gradience TimeClock.
If you have yet to update Gradience on all client workstations so that they match the version running on the server, please rename the database first. This will sever connectivity between Gradience on the clients and the database residing on the server. You must ensure that no one will be able to open TimeStation or any other Gradience Pro/Enterprise title until all machines running Gradience are all running the same version.
If the full, multi-digit version number of Gradience running on all of your client workstations matches what is running on your server, you will not have to rename the database.
Temporarily Sever Connectivity Between the Client(s) and the Server
1. At the server, go to Services and stop Firebird.
2. While still on the server, go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and open the ini file.
3. The name of the database is gdb. You’ll see it at the end of the PATH= line just under [HRWARE].
4. Change the designation of the database to whatever you prefer and save the change.
5. Take note of the location of the database and then close this file and go to that location.
6. When you find the database file, rename it to match your new designation in the Hrware.ini file.
7. Open Services and restart Firebird.
Grant Each Employee Alternate Access to TimeClock Entries
1. Assemble a list of logins and passwords that your hourly employees use to clock in and out.
2. Open the software and click Settings> User Rights.
3. Enter the employee's login, name, and password. Verify it and click Save.
4. Click the Common Features tab and assign Read Only rights to Employee Record Access.
5. Click the TimeClock tab and assign Read Only rights to Time Clock Entries.
6. Click the Location/Department tab and expand the tree and check the box for the employee
7. Verify that no other employee name is checked and click Save.
Put Gradience TimeClock on Each Client Workstation
1. Reinstall Gradience on the client. If installing the same version already running, uninstall the existing version first and then reinstall.
2. During installation be sure to select TimeClock as well as TimeStation. Check them both as shown.
Restore Connectivity Between the Client(s) and the Server
1. After installation on each client, go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and open the Hrware.ini file.
2. Re-designate the database for PATH= on the client to match the change made earlier on the server.
To access TimeClock Entries the employee will open Gradience TimeClock rather than Gradience TimeStation by using the same login & password used to clock in and out.
When the program opens, the employee will only have access to his/her own name and will have Read Only access to TimeClock Entries and may Preview and Print a Time Card but nothing further.