Gradience Basics TimeClock - TimeStation Opens but TimeClock Doesn't
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below.
1. Click on Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Make sure that the SQL Server Browser and SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) are [Running] and set to [Automatic] for start mode:
Note: Before you remove anything you need to make sure you have a recent backup made of the Gradience Basics program. If you do not have a backup made, copy off the database files that are called GRADIENCEBASICS.mdf and GRADIENCEBASICS_log.ldf and are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data
When Gradience Basics fails to open, it could be due to problems with the SQL components. This will require you to remove the Gradience Basics program and SQL components.
Note: Only your IT professional can determine whether you may uninstall any of these components.
1. Open your control panel and navigate to add/remove programs in Windows XP or programs and features in Windows 7 (with the permission of your IT professional) remove the items listed below.
If MSXML 6.0 Parser remains, use the link below to download the Microsoft Fix-it installer cleanup utility and manually remove MSXML6. Use this link:http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/
Note: When attempting to remove any of the items shown in the red box you may get the message shown below.
2. Click OK to the message and the item you are trying to remove will disappear from the list.
3. Once everything is removed, rename the Microsoft SQL Server folder to Microsoft SQL Server_old (found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server in Windows XP or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server in Windows 7)
4.Download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22625 (55.4MB file) *see our installation article here
5. Download the appropriate Basics title that you own from the link below:
Note: When the web page opens, select the Basics title that you purchased. Once the software has been reinstalled, you may replace the new, blank database files with the two you copied from the old computer earlier.
Once again, the two files that constitute the database are:
1. Navigate to Services in Windows. Stop the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
2. Take the two files you copied earlier and paste them at C:\Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data.
3. Navigate to Services in Windows. Start the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
Note: In Windows 7-64bit the folder is in C:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data.
If an Unhandled Exception Error occurs when attempting to open the program, right-click the Gradience Basics shortcut on the desktop. Then click Properties > Compatibility. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP.