See the possible causes and its solution:
- CAUSE ONE: The software is pointed to a new, blank database.
- CAUSE TWO: The user lacks sufficient rights within the software to see the data.
- CAUSE THREE: The Employee Display Filter is set to hide certain types of employees.
CAUSE ONE: The software is pointed to a new, blank database.
If this is the cause, you will be required to enter a product key when you open the software. This is because the software is now pointed to a new, blank database. Once you enter the product key all you have done is register the new, blank database. You are not pointed to the database file that contains your organizations data.
The solution is to re-point the software to the correct database that contains all of your data. To re-point the software, open the hrware.ini file on the computer where the person is using the software and follow these steps:
1. Go to C:\programdata\Gradience and open the Hrware.ini file.
--NOTE-- The programdata folder may be hidden. You may go online to find the steps to unhide folders. The steps differ depending on the operating system.
2. The 3rd or 4th line down will be SERVER=. After the equal sign, you'll see the name or the IP Address of the server to which the client is pointed. Change this and change the [path if necessary].
Do not map a drive and do not use UNC. Save a copy of the file to a place where you can retrieve it later.
CAUSE TWO: The user lacks sufficient rights within the software to see the data.
1. Click Settings > User Rights.
2. When the window opens, ensure that the User Name selected on the left is the one that is having trouble seeing the data.
3. On the right half of the screen near the top, you will see a number of buttons. You will not have all of the ones shown below if you have not installed all of the software titles within the suite.
You will however have the Common Features button and it will already be pushed in as illustrated above. If yours says Detail rather than Common Features, it is the same thing but it means you have a very old version of the software.
4. Click the Location/Department button.
5. Click every plus sign that you see to open it fully.
Any locations or departments or employee names that are unchecked will be invisible to the user.
6. Please check whatever ought to be visible for the user selected on the left side of the screen.
7. Click Save and Close and then close-out of the software completely.
8. Reopen the software under the login and password of the person who previously could not see the data and the data should now be visible.
If this is the cause, you will have to grant sufficient user rights to the individual who cannot see the data. To do this, please click here.
CAUSE THREE: The Employee Display Filter is set to hide certain types of employees.
1. Click on View and select Employee Display Filter. A popup window will open.
Whatever types of employees are checked will be visible,. Those types not checked will remain invisible.
If you had checked Hire Range, the program will display only the type(s) of employees checked but only those who were hired between the dates entered. Your issue may be due to the fact that this box has been checked and the employees that are not visible were hired [after] the To Date. To prevent this problem, Hire Range is left unchecked.
4. If you have made any changes, please click OK to save your settings.