--CAUTION!-- Only do this with Permission from your IT Professional.
Follow the steps below if our Unable to Connect document did not resolve your issues.
1. Make a backup of your HRWARE.GDB database file (if this is the server or a standalone workstation).
2 .Uninstall Gradience
3. Uninstall FireBird
If you have version 11.0.1508.12 or older... Rename the Common folder (the common folder can be found in C:\program files\gradience or C:\program files (x86)\gradience)
4. Rename HRWARE.INI (the ini file can be found in C:\Windows in Windows XP or C:\programdata\gradience in Windows 7, 8, & 10)
5. Open the Registry Editor
- In Windows XP and Server 2003: Click Start > Run and enter regedit and click OK.
- In Windows 7, Windows 8, 10, Server 2008, & 2012: Click Start, type regedit in the address bar and press your Enter key.
7. When the editor opens, click File > Export. The Export Registry File popup will open.
8. Enter a file name at the bottom and click Save. This will back up your registry as a precaution.
9. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
10. Delete the Gradience folder.
11. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
12. Delete the Gradience folder.
13. Reboot the computer.
14. Reinstall the software as a Standalone and Express. We realize this will point it locally.
15. Open the software and exit out after it opens fully. No product key is needed, we realize the software will open in demo mode; this is done only to verify connectivity to a new blank and local database.
16. Open hrware.ini and repoint it to the server without mapping a drive and without using UNC .
hrware.ini can be found in:
- C:\Windows in Windows XP/Windows Server 2003
- C:\Programdata\Gradience in Windows 7& up.