Error 27552 – Error creating database
Error creating database when attempting to open Gradience Basics.
1. Create a new folder on your desktop called Basics Data and then go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data
2. Copy the following two files:
3. Minimize Windows Explorer and paste copies of these two files into the folder you created on your desktop. Together, these two files constitute your database.
4. Now that you have a copy of your data safely placed into the folder on your desktop, maximize Windows Explorer and delete these two files from their original location.
5. Reinstall Gradience Basics using a fresh installation file downloaded from here.
6. Once you have run the installation, reopen the program. You will not see any data but you should be able to open the program without error.
7. Close Basics and open the folder on the desktop where you pasted copies of the database files.
8. Copy the files once again and return to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data and paste the copied database files into the Data folder. This will overwrite the new, blank ones with your actual data.
9. Now, reopen the program. You should not get the launch error you got before and you should see all of your original data.