Remedy for Accrual Plan Not Assigned
To resolve this issue please follow the steps shown or print-out the one-page PDF below.
- Read/print-out the Accrual Pre-Run Warning report to identify the categories and employees to which plans are not assigned.
- Close the Accrual Pre-Run Warning and click on Category Assignments / Time-Off Assignments and browse to the first employee listed in the report.
- Note the Absence Category / Time-Off Bank that has an empty field to its right in the [Assigned Time-Off Plan] column.
- Click on the empty field.
- A down arrow will appear at the right end. Click on it. A menu will appear.
- Click on the appropriate plan that you wish to associate with that Absence Category / Time-Off Bank for that employee.
If you prefer that the employee [not] accrue this type of Time-off, you need to assign an accrual plan that earns zero Time-Off and assign it to the employee for the particular type of Time-Off he/she should [not] earn.
The software comes [pre-loaded] with a Time-Off plan that accrues no Time-Off called None. If you do not have a Time-Off plan called None, it is because someone in your organization renamed it and converted it into some other kind of Time-Off plan. You will have to create a new None plan and assign it to the employee for the particular type of Time-Off he/she should [not] earn.
To create a "None" plan, do the following...
1. Click on Settings > Time-Off Plans.
2. When the screen opens, click New.
3. Click No to the Wizard popup.
4. Enter the name None into the plan name field in the upper left.
5. Select Length of Employment.
6. Select January 1st.
7. Select Yearly, Once per year.
8. Select Carryover the balance from prior year.
9. Over on the right select No for Prorating.
10.Set it to accrue by Hours or Days as desired and proceed directly to Level 1 under Earning Levels.
11.From Month should be set to zero.
12.Up To but not including month should be set to 9999.
13.All of the remaining fields on level one should be set to zero.
14.Click Save > Plan Description to read how it will function. Assign this plan to anyone who should [not] get a particular type of Time-Off.
Assign a "None" plan to an employee for a particular Absence Category / Time-Off Bank:
1. Click Time-Off Assignments on the left side of the screen.
2. Click the X directly [ under ] the Gradience logo in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click Time-Off Assignments on the left side of the screen once more.
4. Select the affected employee.
5. Find the particular Time-Off Bank for which the employee should [ not ] earn Time-Off.
3. Double-click the field to the right. A drop-down menu will open. Scroll to the None plan, click on it and then click Save.