When attempting to launch Gradience the following error appears:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
This happens when the user has included the server or machine name in the PATH= line on the hrware.ini file.
--IMPORTANT-- If installing or updating the software on a server environment: The server must be the first thing to be updated. Once the server is updated, the clients can follow.
1. Go to C:\programdata\gradience and open hrware.ini file.
--NOTE-- The Programdata folder may be hidden so you may have to unhide it. If you are not sure how to do this, you can find simple instructions for your operating system online.
2. When the hrware.ini file opens, you'll see see [HRWARE] at the top. The 3rd or 4th line down from the top will begin with PATH=.
3. On the same line, right after the equal sign, delete the server/machine name from the path but leave everything else.
4. Click File > Save and then close the file.
5. Try to open the software again.