--NOTE-- If the computer operating system is Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 please follow the below instructions before attempting to install HRcalendar 15.
--NOTE-- Windows 7 is not supported in older versions of HRcalendar below version 15. Windows 8 and Server 2012 are not supported at this time on the current version.
Initial Download and Installation Steps:
1. To download and Install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (55.4MB file) click this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21844
2. Once on the web page, click Download, check SQLXPR.EXE and click Next and save it to the desktop.
--NOTE-- No changes need to be made during the SQL installation; leave the defaults) or see our article on installing SQL Express
3. Click here to download and Install HRcalendar 15
If you have a backup file from HRcalendar:
--IMPORTANT!-- This can only be restored from the local backup folder as noted below. If the backup file is on a thumb-drive or network location the restore will fail.
1. Backup data from old computer that used HRcalendar by clicking file > backup. This will back the file up to: C:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup or C:\Program Files (x86)\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup in Windows 7
2. Copy the backup file to the new computer and paste into the following directory:
- In Windows 7 64-bit/Server 2008 64-bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup
- In Windows 7 32-bit - C:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup
3. Open HRcalendar, type Demo to continue. Once inside the prorgram click FILE > RESTORE - select the backup file and restore.
--NOTE-- If you do not have a backup file please see the Moving HRcalendar data files section below.
If an unhandled exception occurs when attempting to open the program:
Right-click the HRcalendar shortcut on the desktop. Click Properties > Compatibility. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: > Windows XP.
If an Administrator can open the program but a local user cannot:
Click here for instructions on enabling the end user to access the software.
Moving HRcalendar data files:
(Alternative restore method)
Copy your data from the old computer and paste it into the new one:
1. Open the old computer and go to C:\Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data
The two files that constitute the database are:
2. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Stop the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
3. Copy these two files and paste them into the same folder on the new computer.
4. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Start the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
--NOTE-- If using Windows 7-64bit the folder is in C:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data