You have several options for resolving an Unhandled Exception Error
--CAUTION-- HRcalendar is not currently supported in Windows 8.x/10 and Windows Server 2012
OPTION ONE: This simple 4-step option may be all you need to resolve the error.
1. Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Make sure that SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) and the SQL Server Browser is Running and set to Automatic for start mode:
(If using Microsoft Windows 7/Windows Server 2008)
1.Right-click the HRcalendar shortcut on the desktop.
2.Click Properties > Compatibility. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: > Windows XP and press OK.
3.Now open HRcalendar. If the program does not launch, continue on to option three below.
Log into the computer as the domain administrator:
1. Download and install the Server installation from here and choose the defaults.
2. Click Start > All Programs > HRcalendar > Add HRcalendar User
3. Enter the domain followed by the user's Windows login username and press Add User
4. Open HRcalendar. If you still get an Unhandled Exception error, please move on to OPTION FOUR below.
1. Click on Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Expand SQLServer 2005 Network Configuration > Protocols for SQLEXPRESS.
3. Right-click on TCP/IP and choose Properties.
4. Enter 1433 in TCP Port fields for IP1 & IPAll
OPTION FIVE: (Remove Selected SQL Components)
--NOTE-- Before you remove anything you need to make sure you have a recent backup made of the HRcalendar program. If you do not have a backup made, copy off the database files that are called HRcalendar.mdf and HRcalendar_log.ldf and are located in...
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data or...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data in Windows 7.
Backing up data now and restoring the data later from a previous backup:
If you can get in the program, From within HR Calendar click File > Backup. A normal Save As but, you will not be able to back up anywhere other than the default location of c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup.
The backup will be assigned a date and time stamp and the extension “.bak”.
When completed, a message will appear indicating Backup Complete.
--IMPORTANT!-- Backups must reside in the "local" backup folder to be restored.
1. Go to c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup.
2. Copy the most recent backup.
3. Go to...
c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup or...
Program Files (x86)\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup (Windows 7)
4. Paste the copied backup into this local backup folder on the new machine.
5. In HR Calendar click on File > Restore to get a pop-up window listing the backup that you just pasted.
6. Select the appropriate backup and click Open.
7. Reopen HRcalendar to view the restored data.
Copy your data and paste it into a folder for safekeeping.
1. Go to C:\Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data or C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data
The two files that constitute the database are:
Copy these two files and paste them into a folder or the desktop for safekeeping.
Remove Selected SQL Components:
When HRcalendar fails to open, it could be due to problems with the SQL components. This will require you to remove the HRcalendar program and SQL components. Only your IT professional can determine whether you may uninstall any of these components.
1. Open your control panel and navigate to add/remove programs in Windows XP or programs and features in Windows 7 (with the permission of your IT professional) remove the items listed below.
If you're unable to remove MSXML 6.0 Parser , use the Microsoft Fix-it installer cleanup utility and manually remove MSXML6. Use this link:http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/
--NOTE-- When attempting to remove any of the items shown in the red box you may get the message shown below.
2.Click OK to the message and the item you are trying to remove will disappear from the list.
3. Once everything is removed, rename the Microsoft SQL Server folder to Microsoft SQL Server_old (found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server in Windows XP or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server in Windows 7)
4.Download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22625 (55.4MB file) *see our installation article here
5. Download the appropriate HRcalendar title that you own from this LINK.
When the web page opens, look for the heading; Download Software and click on HRCalendar.
6. Copy the HRcalendar.mdf and HRcalendar_Log.ldf from the desktop to C:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data