Adding Participants to a Benefit Plan in Gradience Records:
1. Click Benefits over on the left and then select the employee to whom the additional participants relate.
2. Click Edit/View and the benefit and then click New at the top of the screen.
3. In the Participants area, check the names of those participating in the plan.
NOTE: If the additional participant names are not available, it means that the names you are looking for have not yet been entered into the Gradience database. If this has happened, don't move on to step 4. Instead, close-out of the Benefit Detail screen in Gradience Records and follow the steps further down in this article under the heading: Entering the Names in Gradience Records of Individuals related to the Employee in some way:
4. Return to the top of the screen and click Save > Close.
If you are unable to see names of additional participants please follow the steps below.
If you don’t see the names of potential participants available to be checked, it means that they don’t yet exist in the database. You will have to first enter these individuals into the database for their names to appear on the list to be checked as participants.
Entering the Names in Gradience Records of Individuals related to the Employee in some way:
1. Click on Personal Contacts on the menu on the left side of the screen and then, click New and enter required data. As you enter each personal contact you will have the option of designating them as an Emergency Contact and you may select the “order” in which they should be contacted in the event of an emergency involving the employee.
2. To add a photo of the contact you must click Edit Picture. This will allow you to navigate to where the photo is saved. The photo must be no larger than 200 X 200 pixels. If it is larger than this it may not come over into the program. You may need to use a program like PhotoShop to reduce it to 200 X200 pixels.
3. Save the entry after each name is entered. When you close-out of this screen, the names will appear under Personal Contacts as shown here.
4. Now you can click Benefits over on the left and then select the employee to whom the additional participants apply.
5. Click Edit/View > OK and the benefit and then click New at the top of the screen.
6. In the Participants area, check the names of those who are participating in the plan with the employee.
7. Return to the top of the screen to click Save > Close.