Note: Click here if you're not on a network and still wish to protect your data.
Note: Click here for Windows System Restore information.
Schedule Automatic Backups
Back up your data on a scheduled basis to guarantee you do not lose your data.
Here's why we recommend this...
It is way simpler and faster to restore a backup made by Gradience than it is to recover a copy of the database captured by your nightly server backups. There are fewer steps and in many cases, you don't even need to involve IT.
By the way, automating the backup process does not prevent the end user(s) from doing manual backups at any time.
Here's how it's done...
1. Go to the computer where the database resides and do the following..
- On Vista, Windows 7 or Server 2008:From the desktop, click on your Windows Start button > All Programs > Gradience > Maintenance > Database Monitor. Enter the same login and password you use for the program. Please be patient. There will be a delay before it opens.
- On Windows 8, Windows 10 or Server 2012:From the desktop, click on your Windows Start button All Apps > Gradience > Database Monitor. Enter the same login and password you use for the program. Please be patient. There will be a delay before it opens.
2. When the popup window opens, enter your Login Name and Password just as you would if you were logging into the software.
3. Once in, click Backup > New Backup.
4. Make the appropriate entries, browse to where the backup should go and click Save. and you'll get the following popup...
5. Click OK.
6. Click Hide.
NOTE: Backups will accumulate. We recommend creating a script that will delete any backups that are more than a month old.