To access this feature click on Calendar at the top of the listed items on the far left.
Entering Leave on the Calendar
- Click Calendar on the far left.
- Select an employee name under Employee Select.
- On the far right, click on the appropriate time-off code.
- Click on the date that leave is taken.
Note: The amount of time taken (used) will default to the number of hours the employee works in a day. This amount would have been entered in the Employee Detail screen. If you wish to adjust the number of hours used on a particular date, refer to the instructions Adjust leave duration on a given date below.
Adjust leave duration on a given date
There are two ways to adjust the duration of time-off on a particular date.
Option One: Use the convenient fraction buttons of ¼ Day, ½ Day, ¾ Day above the calendar.
Option Two: Use the Absence Detail feature to adjust the leave to an amount the fraction buttons don’t allow.
- From the calendar screen, click on the time-off code on the right.
- For the appropriate fraction of a day, click on the corresponding button above the calendar.
- Click on the date of the leave.
- Click Save.
If the duration of the leave is other than ¼ Day, ½ Day, ¾ Day, do the following:
- From the calendar screen, click on the time-off code on the right and then click on the day when leave is taken.
- Right-click the code after applying it to the calendar and select Absence Detail from the pop-out list that appears.
- In the Absence Detail pop-up window, click on the number of hours indicated next to the time-off code.
- Enter the actual duration of the absence.
Note: Time is indicated in decimals, not hours and minutes.
- Click OK. You will be returned to the calendar.