Setting Up Holidays
Please click here to watch a short video that will show you how to set up Holidays.
To access Holidays, Click Settings > Company Holidays.
This section allows you to designate the dates of specific company holidays on the calendar. Holidays that have not occurred will automatically apply to an employee when you enter them into the program. The Holiday will show as an H on the calendar. You may sort by the Holiday name or by date.
Note: Holidays cannot be added or deleted for employees that have locked Gradience TimeClock Time Card Runs during the same date range. (For example, if you’re deleting a holiday and you have a Time Card Run that covers the same date, the program will not allow you to delete the holiday from those employees listed under the locked Time Card Run.)
To enter a holiday, follow these steps:
- Click Settings from the main menu and select Company Holidays.
- Click New to add a company holiday.
- Enter the name of the holiday you wish to add.
- Press TAB on the keyboard, and enter the date of the holiday (mm/dd/yyyy) or click the drop-down arrow and navigate to the date.
- Select Full Day, ¾ Day, ½ Day, or ¼ Day for how much credit for this holiday will be given. This amount corresponds with the Day Hours block on the Employee Detail screen.
- Click Save.
Deleting a Holiday:
To delete a holiday, follow these steps:
- From the Company Holiday screen, click on the holiday you wish to remove.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes to the Warning box. This will remove the holiday from all employee calendars.
Editing a Holiday:
Only the holiday name can be edited. If you need to change a holiday date, you’ll need to delete the holiday and then re-enter it. To edit an existing Holiday Name, follow these steps:
- From the Company Holiday screen, click on the holiday you wish to edit.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click Save.