You must enter all of the relevant personal contacts for each employee before setting up your Benefit Plans. This will allow them to appear on a list of individuals who may be covered by the plan [if] selected. As you enter each personal contact you will be given the option of designating the new contact as an Emergency Contact. For each one designated as an Emergency Contact, you will have the option of selecting the “order” in which they should be contacted in the event of an emergency involving the employee.
- Click on Personal Contacts on the menu on the left side of the screen and then, click New and enter required data.
- To add a photo of the contact (perhaps required for security reasons) you should click Edit Picture. This will allow you to navigate to where the photo is saved. The photo must be no larger than 200 X 200 pixels. If it is larger than this it cannot be saved into the program. You would need to use a program like Photo Shop to reduce it to 200 X 200 pixels.
- Later when you assign a benefit to an employee that will also cover dependent family members, the names entered here will appear as potential beneficiaries that may be selected.
- To create a new benefit click Settings > Benefit Plan Maintenance. The Benefit Plans screen will open.
- Click New. The Edit Benefit Plans screen will open. Under Type, make a selection and then, enter data as needed.
- Enter a Plan Name, Insurance Company Name, Address of the Insurance Company Phone Number of Insurance Company.
- Enter the month of Open Enrollment and the minimum number of hours the employee and enter the age caps for dependents.
- Make a selection for how the plan coverage will end.
- Check the box for Require Beneficiary [only] if you want this benefit to accrue to a family member.
- Check your COBRA payment option.
- Click New Tier, double-click in the tier name field & enter the tier name such as Tier One, or Individual, or Primary, etc.
- Click the field under Type, click the down arrow and select the appropriate choice from the drop-down menu. (Single, Single + 1, or Family)
- Double-click the field under Rate and enter the total monthly dollar cost. (employer & employee cost combined)
- If you wish to show the employer and employee rates as a percentage rather than dollars, check Apply as a %.
- Under Employer Rate double-click the field to enter either the percentage or dollar amount that is appropriate.
- If applicable, double-click the field under Regular Admin Fee % to enter your regular COBRA admin fee. (2% max)
- If applicable, double-click the field under Disabled Admin Fee % to enter your COBRA admin fee for a disabled participant (50% max) and then, click Save.
- Assign the benefit to the employee first. Click Benefits over on the left.
- Select the employee to whom this benefit is to be assigned and then click New at the top of the screen.
- Enter the Effective Date, Type, Plan, and Rate Tier. Check or uncheck Waive this Benefit as appropriate.
- Check or uncheck Use Rates From Tier as appropriate.
- If Waive this Benefit is “unchecked” make the appropriate entries that follow.
- Skip the Termination of Benefits area, and skip the Coverage End Date when first assigning the benefit.
- In the Participants area, check the appropriate names.
- Note: if certain beneficiaries are not listed, go back to the steps above for entering Personal Contacts.
- In the Comments area, you may enter any comments you wish or paste files you may have copied and click Save.
To view benefits assigned to an employee select the employee and then, click on Benefits on the menu on the left side of the screen. The benefits that have already been assigned to that employee will appear.
To print a benefit, follow the steps above to view Benefits and Double-click on the plan to be printed. When the Edit or Update pop-up window appears check Save Original Entries to History and then click OK. The Edit Benefit Plans screen will open. Click Print to open a text description of the plan. Click the Print icon at the top left of the report.