Entering FMLA Leave on the Calendar
- Click Calendar on the far left.
- Select an employee name under Employee Select.
- On the far right, click on the FMLA code.
- Click on the date that leave is taken.
Note: The amount of time taken (used) will default to the number of hours the employee works in a day. This amount would have been entered in the Employee Detail screen. If you wish to adjust the number of hours used on a particular date, refer to the instructions Adjust leave duration on a given date below.
Adjust leave duration on a given date
There are two ways to adjust the duration of FMLA leave on a particular date.
Option One: Use the convenient fraction buttons of ¼ Day, ½ Day, ¾ Day above the calendar.
Option Two: Use the Absence Detail feature to adjust the leave to an amount the fraction buttons don’t allow.
- From the calendar screen, click on the FMLA code on the right.
- For the appropriate fraction of a day, click on the corresponding button above the calendar.
- Click on the date of the leave.
- Click Save.
If the duration of the leave is other than ¼ Day, ½ Day, ¾ Day, do the following:
- From the calendar screen, click on the FMLA code on the right and then click on the day when leave is taken.
- Right-click the code after applying it to the calendar and select Absence Detail from the pop-out list that appears.
- In the Absence Detail pop-up window, click on the number of hours indicated next to FMLA leave.
- Enter the actual duration of the absence.
Note: Time is indicated in decimals, not hours and minutes.
- Click OK. You will be returned to the calendar.
--NOTE-- If you are using Gradience Attendance in conjunction with Gradience FMLA Tracker and you have set your Display Mode within Global Preferences in Attendance to “Days”, the time Earned, the time Used and the Balance displayed under the calendar will be in Days in Attendance but will continue to be displayed in hours in FMLA Tracker.