Please click here to watch a training video.
To access this feature click Time-Off Assignments on the left side of the screen.
The program comes already setup with the following three Time-Off Banks:
You may eliminate an unwanted bank, rename a bank or add more Time-Off Banks.
IMPORTANT! Each Time-Off Bank MUST have a Time-Off plan associated with it. If you have employees who are not eligible for a particular type of Time Off, assign a plan called None to that Time-Off Bank. A None plan is a plan that earns ZERO Time Off. As in …"How much vacation does Bob get? …None. The software comes pre-loaded with a None plan. If you don't have a None plan it is because someone deleted it or changed it into some other kind of Time-Off plan.
Click here to learn the purpose and proper use of Time-Off banks.
Changing the Name of a Time-Off Bank:
1. At the top, click Settings > Time-Off Banks.
2. Click on the current bank name over on the left and then type the new name over the existing name in the upper right.
4. Click Save, and close this screen.
5. On the left, click Time-Off Assignments. If you don't see the name change, click on the X just below the Gradience logo in the upper right.
6. On the left, click Time-Off Assignments. When the screen opens, you’ll see the name change.
Adding a Time-Off Bank:
IMPORTANT! You don’t need multiple Time-Off Banks for the same type of Time-Off. One group of employees may earn differently from another.
- Salaried employees may earn Vacation differently than Hourly employees.
- Union employees may earn Personal Time differently than Non-union employees.
- Full-Time employees may earn Sick Time differently than Part-Time employees.
When this sort of thing happens, you should create a unique Time-Off [plan] for each [group]. All [groups] still use the same Time-Off Bank.
IMPORTANT! You typically do not need to have a Time-Off Bank for Jury Duty. After all, how much Jury Duty time do your employees earn? You have an Absence [code] for Jury Duty. Use that code on a date on the calendar to indicate that someone was out for Jury Duty. Then run an Absence Detail Report to see how many times this happened for a selected date range. Nevertheless, some organizations do allow employees to accrue a set amount of paid Time-Off for Jury Duty. If your organization does this, then by all means create a unique Time-off Bank for Jury Duty.
IMPORTANT! You don’t need to have a Time-Off Bank for Unexcused Absence. After all, how much Unexcused Absence time do your employees earn? You can use an Absence [code] for Unexcused Absence. Use that code on a date that someone was out for Unexcused Absence. Then run an Absence Detail Report to see how many times this happened for a selected date range.
1. Click Settings > Time-Off Banks.
2. When the popup opens click New at the top of the page and on the right, type the name of your new Time-Off Bank.
3. Enter a default Time-Off plan if you wish. When you enter a new employee he/she will automatically be assigned this default Time-Off plan for this new Absence Category/Time-Off Bank. This does [not] apply to employees already in the database.
4. Click Save.
5. Close this screen and then, on the left, click Time-Off Banks. Once on the Time-Off Banks screen, you will be able to view the new Time-Off Bank you’ve created. If the new one is not visible, click the ‘X’ just under the Gradience logo in the upper-right. Click Time-Off Assignments and the new bank will be visible in the shaded column.
Deleting a Time-Off Bank:
This is very simple to do when you have just one employee or just a few employees entered, but it takes more effort when you have already entered many names and have already amassed a history of time earned, used or adjusted for the category.
This process will remove all history of activity for the absence category being removed. If you need to retain your history for this absence category, do not remove the category. Instead, on the left side of the screen, click Time-Off Banks and assign None as the accrual plan to this Absence Category/Time-Off Bank for each employee. The None plan is a Time-Off plan that accrues no Time-Off at all; as in …How much vacation time does Bob get? … None."
So, if you want to keep your history for the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank but accrue no additional Time-Off going forward, you must enter the None plan as the Assigned Time-Off Plan. If you leave the field empty, your Time-Off accruals will not run at all for anyone. No one will earn any Time-Off at all.
If you do not wish to retain history, you may eliminate the Time-Off Bank by the following steps:
► First back up your database.
1. Click File > Maintenance > Backup the database to preserve the data as is just in case you change your mind later.
► Next, Make sure all employees are being displayed. (Active, Inactive, Terminated Full-Time, Part-Time)
1. At the top of the screen, click View > Filter Page / Employee Display Filter. A popup will open.
2. Check everything [except] for Show TimeClock enabled only and Hire Range but don’t click OK yet.
3. Check Deleted in the upper-right corner of the popup window.
NOTE: If you do not see the checkbox for Deleted Employees in the upper-right corner of the popup window hold down the Ctrl key and Alt key on your keyboard and at the same time press your ‘X’ key and let them go together. The checkbox for Deleted employees will appear in the upper-right corner of the popup window. Check this box and then click OK. This checkbox only displays automatically on later versions of the software.
This will allow anyone who was ever entered to appear under Employee Select.
►Next, remove any transactions related to the unwanted absence category.
1. Click File > Maintenance > Remove Transactions.
2. For a Begin Date, enter a date prior to the earliest transaction (Time Earned, Used, etc.) for the category being removed.
3. The End Date is actually a “Through Date” and must be beyond the ‘last’ transaction for the category being removed.
4. Under Remove Transaction Records of Type check all three boxes. (Accruals / Time Earned, Adjustments, Used / Time Used)
5. IMPORTANT! In the large field at the lower-left of the pop-up window, uncheck the categories that are not being removed.
6. Click Run Process. When complete, close the pop-up window.
► Next, make sure that none of your absence codes deduct from the category being removed.
1. Click Settings > Absence Reason Codes and look in the column under Debit This Time-Off Bank.
2. In this column only; click on any instances of the category being removed, when the down arrow appears, click on it and select any choice other than what matches the name of the category being removed.
3. When the Debit This Time-Off Bank column no longer has any instances of the category being removed, click Save.
► Next, make sure that no Time-Off plans have been assigned to this absence category for anyone.
1. On the left side of the screen, click Time-Off Banks and scroll to the first employee on your list.
2. Look toward the center of the screen to find the Time-Off Bank being removed in the [shaded] column.
3. Look to the right of the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank being removed, under Assigned Time-Off Plan. If a plan has been entered click on it to highlight it and then click the Delete key on your keyboard to delete it. If anything has been entered on that same line under Initial Balance Used or Initial Date, delete those entries the same way and click Save.
4. Move on to the next employee on the list and repeat the process in step three. Once you have ensured that no employees have been assigned a Time-Off plan for the Absence Category/Time-Off Bank being removed and no entries exist under Initial Deposit, Date of Initial Deposit or Initial Date you can now take steps to remove the unwanted Time-Off Bank.
► Now you may remove the unwanted Time-Off Bank.
1. Click Settings > Time-Off Banks. On the left, click on the Time-Off Bank to be eliminated and then click the Delete icon (Trash Can) at the top of the screen. You will get a warning. Just click Yes.
When done, click on View > Employee Display Filter. Uncheck Deleted in the upper-right corner of the popup window.
NOTE: If you do not see the checkbox for Deleted Employees in the upper-right corner of the popup window hold down the Ctrl key and Alt key on your keyboard and at the same time press your ‘X’ key and let them go together. The checkbox for Deleted employees will appear in the upper-right corner of the popup window. Uncheck it and set the check boxes on the left as you wish and click OK. This checkbox only displays automatically on later versions of the software.