FMLA Leave Request Process
1. When an employee requests FMLA leave, click Forms > Employee Leave Request. Print the form for the employee to fill out.
2. When the form is returned, select his/her name and click Leave Request Details > New. Make your entries and click Next.
3. On the Eligibility Check screen, use appropriate Smart Tip to check what applies. Click Eligibility. If he/she is eligible, click Next.
4. Use appropriate Smart Tip to fill out the Company Response (Eligibility) screen. Click Preview and print the form as a PDF.
Note: You must provide the employee a Company Response (Eligibility) within 5 days of your becoming aware of the need for FMLA leave, which may not necessarily be 5 days after receiving a Leave Request Form. If you request certification, you must allow the employee up to 15 days to produce it.
5. Use appropriate Smart Tip to fill out the Company Response (Designation) screen. Click Preview and print the form as a PDF.
Note: You have up to 5 days after receiving proper certification to provide the employee a Company Response (Designation). If a certification or additional information is not required, you must provide the Company Response (Designation) together with the Company Response (Eligibility).
- If you wish to maintain a record of pertinent dates, click Document Dates; make your entries and click Save.
- If you wish to view any forms you already have printed, click Print History. You may print again, if you wish.