License renewal is accomplished by entering a new Product Key, not by [installing] the latest update.
To renew your HRcalendar license for the coming year follow these steps:
1. Open the Order Confirmation that was e-mailed to you.
2. Copy the 32-character product key and then minimize (do not close) the e-mail.
3. Open HRcalendar and click Help > Enter Product Key.
4. Paste-in the key and click OK and close the popup window.
5. Select any employee and click Calendar.
6. Click the down arrow for the drop-down list of years and you will see the new year listed.
Operating System Compatibility:
HRcalendar is not now, nor will it ever be compatible with any operating system newer than Windows 7.
You would have to either move it to a Windows 7 computer or open up a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and install the software there. We do not support our software in a virtual environment but we know from experience that it will work that way. You may use the first link below to accomplish this whether you move to another Windows 7 computer or decide to put it on a VM.
Another alternative would be to switch to another software called Gradience Attendance with Employee Recordkeeping, which is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. HRcalendar has no data export feature so you will not be able to move your HRcalendar data to Gradience. Please click the 2nd link below for more details on this option.
If you do decide to switch over to Gradience, please call 800-999-9111 or email email@example.com and give them your account number.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Moving Your HRcalendar Program and Data to a Virtual Computer - ARTICLE
Alternative to HRcalendar - ARTICLE