Assign Each Employee the Appropriate Time-Off Plans
1. On the left side of the screen, click Time-Off Assignments.
2. Select an employee.
3. Double-click the empty field under Assigned Time-Off Plan.
4. Select the appropriate Time-Off plan from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Save.
See illustration below.
If no time should accrue to an employee for a particular Time-Off Bank, you must assign the None plan. You cannot leave the field empty. If you do not have a None plan, you must create one. see the steps below.
The software comes [pre-loaded] with a Time-Off plan that accrues no Time-Off called None. If you do not have a Time-Off plan called None, it is because someone in your organization renamed it and converted it into some other kind of Time-Off plan. You will have to create a new None plan and assign it to the employee for the particular type of Time-Off he/she should [not] earn.
To create a "None" plan, do the following...
1. Click on Settings > Time-Off Plans.
2. When the screen opens, click New.
3. Click No to the Wizard popup.
4. Enter the name None into the plan name field in the upper left.
5. Select Length of Employment.
6. Select January 1st.
7. Select Yearly, Once per year.
8. Select Carryover the balance from prior year.
9. Over on the right select No for Prorating.
10.Set it to accrue by Hours or Days as desired and proceed directly to Level 1 under Earning Levels.
11.From Month should be set to zero.
12.Up To but not including month should be set to 9999.
13.All of the remaining fields on level one should be set to zero.
14.Click Save > Plan Description to read how it will function. Assign this plan to anyone who should [not] get a particular type of Time-Off.
Assign a "None" plan to an employee for a particular Absence Category / Time-Off Bank:
1. Click Time-Off Assignments on the left side of the screen.
2. Click the X directly [ under ] the Gradience logo in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click Time-Off Assignments on the left side of the screen once more.
4. Select the affected employee.
5. Find the particular Time-Off Bank for which the employee should [ not ] earn Time-Off.
3. Double-click the field to the right. A drop-down menu will open. Scroll to the None plan, click on it and then click Save.