The segment of this video shows how this is done.
How to assign an employee the Appropriate Time-Off Plans:
1. On Attendance tab, click Time-Off Assignments.
2. Select an employee.
3. Follow illustration below:
NOTE: If no time should accrue to an employee for a particular Time-Off Bank, you must assign the "None" plan. You cannot leave the field empty. If you do not have a None plan, you must create one. see the below on how.
The software comes [pre-loaded] with a Time-Off plan that accrues no Time-Off called None. If you do not have a Time-Off plan called None, it is because someone in your organization renamed it and converted it into some other kind of Time-Off plan. You will have to create a new None plan and assign it to the employee for the particular type of Time-Off he/she should [not] earn.
To create a "None" plan:
1. Click on Settings > Time-Off Plans.
2. When the screen opens, click New.
3. Click No to the Wizard popup.
4. Enter the name None into the plan name field in the upper left.
5. Select Length of Employment.
6. Select January 1st.
7. Select Yearly, Once per year.
8. Select Carryover the balance from prior year.
9. Over on the right select No for Prorating.
10.Set it to accrue by Hours or Days as desired and proceed directly to Level 1 under Earning Levels.
11.From Month should be set to zero.
12.Up To but not including month should be set to 9999.
13.All of the remaining fields on level one should be set to zero.
14.Click Save > Plan Description to read how it will function. Assign this plan to anyone who should [not] get a particular type of Time-Off.