HRcalendar - Moving the Data and installing to a new Windows XP Computer
Note: Click here if using Windows 7
First install HRcalendar onto the new computer. Click here to download HRcalendar Standalone
MOVING THE DATA:
To move your data to the new computer, you have the following two options.
Moving the data - OPTION ONE:
IMPORTANT! Backups must reside in the "local" backup folder on the new computer to be restored.
1. On the old computer, open HRcalendar and click FILE > BACKUP
2. Navigate to c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup and copy the most recent .BAK file to the new PC.
3. On the new computer, go to c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup or c:\Program Files (x86)\Hrcalendar Software\Data Backup in Windows 7-64bit
4. Paste the copied backup into this local backup folder on the new machine.
5. From within HR Calendar click on File > Restore to get a pop-up window listing the backup that you just pasted.
6. Select the appropriate backup and click Open.
7. Reopen HRcalendar to view the restored data.
Moving the data - OPTION TWO:
Copy your data from the old computer and paste it into the new one.
1. Open the old computer and go to C:\Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data
The two files that constitute the database are:
2. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Stop the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
3. Copy these two files and paste them into the same folder on the new computer.
4. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Start the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
Note: If using Windows 7-64bit the folder is in C:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data