Gradience Records Quick Set Up Guide (Click here for Records Instructions)
Set up your Locations and Departments before entering any employee names.
- Click Settings > Locations/Departments. Notice a location designated None and a department designated None. Click on the first None and click Edit. Replace None with the name of your organization or main office and then click Save.
- Click the second None and then click Edit, Replace None with the name of a department within your organization or main office and then click Save.
- To enter another department, click New and select New Department. Enter the name of the additional department and click Save.
- To enter another location, click New and select New Location. Enter the name of the additional location and click Save. All of the departments that you have already created will become potential departments for the new location. Check the ones that apply to the new location.
- On the Employee Detail screen and, in the upper right, click the X just under the Gradience logo for these to be available.
Set up your menus. Prepopulate menus with your own custom choices.
Click Settings > General Codes and select each item listed on the left one at a time. On the right, click New. Check Enabled, enter the new choice, click Save and Close. Repeat as needed for each menu listed on the left.
Enter just a few Employees at first. If you will be using this program along with Gradience Attendance, we recommend you only enter a few employees into the program at first. This is because, to test your accruals in Gradience Attendance, each employee entered must have a Time-Off plan assigned to him/her for each Time-Off category, so testing with just a few names is best. The employees entered should represent a cross-section of the organization.
Click Employee Detail > New and enter data. The required fields are: First Name, Last Name, Hire Date, Work Status, Employment Status, Location, and Department
Set up Personal Contacts: When entering a personal contact of an employee, you may designate the new contact as an Emergency Contact. You also may select the “order” in which they should be contacted in the event of an emergency. Later, when you assign a benefit to an employee, the names entered here will appear as potential beneficiaries.
Click Personal Contacts > New and enter required data. To add a photo, click Edit Picture and navigate to the photo.
Create Benefits byclicking Settings > Benefit Plan Maintenance. The Benefit Plans screen will open.
- Click New. The Edit Benefit Plans screen will open. Under Type, make a selection and then enter data as needed.
- Click New Tier; double-click in the tier name field and enter the tier name such as Tier One, Individual, Primary, etc.
- Under Type, select the appropriate choice, and under Rate enter the total monthly cost (employer - employee cost combined).
- If you wish to show the employer and employee rates as a percentage, the numbers entered must total 100.
- Under Employer Rate and Employee Rate, enter the percentage or dollar amount that is appropriate.
Assign Benefits to Employees.
- Select an employee and click New. On the Benefit Detail screen, enter data as appropriate.
- Skip the Termination of Benefits area, and skip the Coverage End Date when first assigning the benefit.
- In the Comments area, you may enter any comments you wish or paste files you may have copied and click Save.