Please print this article first and then follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT! Do not run different versions of Gradience on the two computers or you may corrupt the data beyond repair!
You may have a current [license] but you may not have the current [version]. Open the software on the existing computer and click Help > About to find your full, multi-digit version number.
The most recent version 11 update became available on June 29, 2016. The full, multi-digit version number is 11.0.1606.29.
The 16 refers to the year 2016.
- The 06 refers to the month of June.
- The 29 refers to the day-of-the-month
If yours is lower than 11.0.1606.29, you must first install the current version on the existing computer before you install it on the second computer.
Click here to install the latest version on the original computer.
Installing Gradience on the NEW computer
1. Find the name or IP address of the first computer. Check online if you're unsure how to do this.
2. At the original computer go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and copy the Hrware.ini file and paste it to a neutral location such as a folder on your network or onto an external hard drive (USB device).
Note: The Programdata folder may be hidden so you may need to unhide it. The steps for doing this depend on your operating system. Check online if you are not sure how to do this.
3. At the NEW computer go to C:\Programdata and create a new folder there named Gradience.
4. At the NEW computer, navigate to where you saved a copy of the Hrware.ini file and copy it again. Then go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and paste the Hrware.ini file you copied.
6. Open the newly pasted file and change the word Localhost after SERVER= to the name or IP address of the first computer. Then click File > Save. This will point the NEW computer to the data.
Click here to access the web site where the installation file is located.
When you get to the web site click on Gradience Suite.
You're just downloading the installer. It is not until you actually install the software that you will select the particular software title(s) you actually need.
Firebird is the mechanism that connects the software to the data. Previously, Gradience used Firebird 1.5. Gradience now uses Firebird 2.0 but will continue to work with version 1.5 if that is what you already have.
If however, you are a bank or a credit union or some other business in the financial sector, you should use Firebird 2.0. This update will not automatically install Firebird 2.0 if you are currently running Firebird 1.5. So, if you want the newer version of Firebird, please open Services and stop Firebird and then uninstall Firebird. This must be done before you install the software update if you want Firebird 2.0.
Installing the Update
Open the software on the NEW computer.
If the software fails to open on the second computer, please click here for steps to resolve this.