Moving Gradience Basics to a new Computer
Note: Please click here if you're using Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008
First download and install the particular title of Gradience Basics you own onto the new computer. Click here to download the software.
MOVING THE DATA:
To move your data to the new computer, you have the following two options.
Moving the data - OPTION ONE:
IMPORTANT! Backups must reside in the "local" backup folder on the new computer to be restored.
1. On the old computer, open Gradience Basics and click Data > Backup
2. Navigate to c:\Program Files\HRcalendar Software\Data Backup and copy the most recent .BAK file to the new PC.
3. On the new computer, go to c:\Program Files\Gradience Basics\Data Backup or c:\Program Files (x86)\Gradience Basics\Data Backup in Windows 7-64bit
4. Paste the copied backup into this local backup folder on the new machine.
5. From within Gradience Basics, click on Data > Restore to get a pop-up window listing the backup that you just pasted.
6. Select the appropriate backup and click Restore.
7. Reopen Gradience Basics to view the restored data.
Moving the data - OPTION TWO:
Copy your data from the old computer and paste it into the new one.
1. Open the old computer and go to C:\Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data
The two files that constitute the database are:
2. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Stop the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
3. Copy these two files and paste them into the same folder on the new computer.
4. On the new computer: Navigate to Services in Windows. Start the instance named SQL Server (SQL Express).
Note: If using Windows 7-64bit the folder is in C:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.1\ MSSQL \ Data