Even though TimeClock opens, you may have found that when attempting to open TimeStation, a prompt opens up that asks whether it is ok to run Firebirdconfig.exe. If the user clicks OK, the following error message appears...
Dropping role sysdba
Statement failed, SQLSTATE=4200
Unsuccessful metadata update
-drop role SYSDBA failed
-Role SYSDBA not found
The message above is usually followed by several additional errors.
This issue is extremely rare but we have found that this can be resolved by replacing the TIMESTATION30.FDB with a fresh one from another computer. You may accomplish this by following the steps below.
1. Go to a computer that has never had Gradience installed.
2. Click here to install Gradience TimeClock and Gradience TimeStation.
3. When the installation is complete, go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience.
4. Copy the TIMESTATION.FDB and paste it into a neutral location.
5. Go to the computer where TimeStation is producing the error(s).
6. Navigate to where you saved the copy of the TIMESTATION.FDB.
7. Go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience and replace the TIMESTATION.FDB with the copy.
Attempt to open Gradience TimeStation. If the issue persists, please go to www.gradiencesupport.com and click on Submit a Request. Please be sure to provide...
- The account number of the organization that owns the software license
- The name of the organization that owns the software license
- The main business phone number of the organization that owns the software license
When you make contact, please also indicate that you already followed the steps of this web article.