Issue: When attempting to open Gradience:
- FMLA Tracker
The following error appears:
Dynamic SQL Error
SQL Error Code = -901
feature is not supported
Likely Cause: The path to the database in the ini file includes the name of the server.
1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience. If you do not see the ProgramData folder, it is because it is hidden. Go online to find the simple steps to make hidden folders visible for your particular operating system.
2. Open the Hrware.ini file.
3. The 2nd line of text begins with:
4. Delete the name of the server from this line. The line should begin with the drive letter.
5. Click Save.
--NOTE-- The 3rd or 4th line from the top will begin with:
The name of the server or the IP address of the server must follow the equal sign.
Since the name of the server is already established after SERVER= it is not necessary to have the server name after PATH=.
If the cause of this issue was NOT that the PATH line included the name of the server:
1. On the client workstation, go to C:\Programdata\Gradience and rename the hrware.ini file. Name it Hrware_Original.ini.
2. Uninstall and then reinstall the software. During reinstall, select Standalone.
3. Launch to verify the software connects to the new, blank, local database. No product key needed, just continue in demo mode and use admin as the login and use admin as the password.
4. After it opens, close the program and go back to go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience and rename the hrware.ini file. Name it Hrware_TEST.ini and then rename the one called Hrware_Original.ini by removing the underscore and the word Original so that it once again is Hrware.ini.
5. Launch the program once again and it should connect without error. If the error persists, move on to Plan C below.
1. Uninstall Gradience.
2. Uninstall FireBird. Note, it may not appear in Programmers and Features so you may not be able to uninstall it.
3. Go to C:\Program Files and delete the firebird folder if you see one there.
4. Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the firebird folder if you see one there.
5. Go to C:\ProgramData and delete the firebird folder if you see one there.
6. Go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience, copy the HRWARE.INI file and paste it to a neutral location.
7. In the search field on your desktop, type regedit and press your Enter key.
8. When the editor opens, click File > Export. The Export Registry File popup will open.
9. Enter a file name at the bottom and click Save. This will back up your registry as a precaution.
10. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and delete the Gradience folder.
11. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete the Gradience folder.
12. Reinstall the software as a Standalone. We realize this will point it locally.
13. Launch to verify the software connects to the new, blank, local database. No product key needed, just continue in demo mode and use admin as the login and use admin as the password.
14. After it opens, close it and go to where you saved a copy of the original Hrware.ini file.
15. Copy the Hrware.ini file and then go back to C:\ProgramData\Gradience and use the copy to replace the existing hrware.ini file.
16. Reopen Gradience.