This article will walk you trough adding custom accrual dates via the Auto Fill Option.
To manually enter your custom accrual dates, read the article HERE.
--IMPORTANT-- You will not be able to enter dates for a year beyond the year for which your software is licensed so you will have to return to this plan after entering the product key for the next license so that you may enter the dates you wish to accrue for the next year.
Failing to add additional custom dates will cause your software to accrue no Time-Offs.
How to add more dates for the coming year:
1. Click Settings > Time-Off Plans.
2. Select or create a plan that will accrue on a custom date and click Plan Setup.
3. On the lower left to the section called: Select How Often to Accrue - Click the Edit Custom Dates button. If the Edit Custom Dates button is grayed out, click Yearly – once per year and then click Custom. You can now click the Edit Custom Dates button.
4. When the Custom Dates Entry popup window opens, you will see that The Frequency is already set to Every Two weeks (26 entries).
--NOTE-- This is not a representation of how you had previously set it to accrue. It is the default setting each time you open this screen. Reset it to the proper frequency if your frequency is different.
If you are using one of the options available under Frequency on the left, move on to step 4.
If you are not using one of the convenient frequency choices available, you may manually enter dates into the vertical field in the center of the screen. Check the article linked on the top of this article.
5. Enter a new Start with Date that would be the next date Time-Off should logically accrue to employees. In the area where it indicates Number of dates to add, Change 52 to whatever the [total] number of dates should be for Time-Off to accrue until your license expires. The number you enter must including the Start with Date.
6. Click Run Autofill. This will populate the central, vertical window with the rest of your custom dates until your license expires.
7. Click Save >Exit. The Custom Date Entry popup will close. Now click Save on the Plan Setup screen to save the plan as a whole and exit.
8. Now attempt to accrue again.