Issue: Version 12 will not open when the server has version 11
Cause: Version 12 requires that the server/computer hosting the data be running Firebird 3.0 but in your case, the server/computer hosting the data is running Firebird 1.5.
Option 1: Uninstall version 12 and reinstall the same iteration of version 11 running elsewhere on your network so that they all match.
Option 2: Install version 12 over the top of version 11 on your server and the other clients so that they match what the new client is running and so that the new client will then connect to the data.
If you select Option 1 above, you must do the following:
1. Go to a working client and go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience and copy the Hrware.ini file and save it into a neutral location accessible to you from the NEW client.
2. At the NEW client and go into Services on the [new] client and stop Firebird. The software does not [use] it. It [uses] the 1.5 Firebird that runs on the server/computer hosting the data. Nevertheless, we don't want to complicate things for version 11 when you install it there.
3. Try to uninstall Firebird 3.0. If you don't find it listed just move on to step 4.
4. Go to C:\ProgramData and delete the firebird folder.
5. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)and delete the firebird folder.
6. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)and rename or delete the Gradience folder
7. Go to C:\ProgramData\Gradience and replace the Hrware.ini file with one from another working client.
8. Install the appropriate release of version 11 from http://updates.gradiencesupport.com/
--NOTE-- We currently only support version 11.0.1606.29.
If you select Option 2:
1. Go to the server/computer hosting the data and click here to install the latest version..
2. Go to each existing client and install version 12.
3. Leave version 12 on the new client but it's ini file must match the ini file from a working client.
If you ever have any issues where the software fails to connect to the data, visit this ARTICLE.